In EYFS at Broad Oak Primary School we aim to provide:
- A positive introduction to being in a school environment, based on a carefully planned transition and quality relationships with our staff
- A range of stimulating and engaging activities which will help children to become independent learners and develop the essential characteristics of effective learning which provide a secure foundation as they begin their journey through school and in later life
- The opportunity to develop confidence in getting on with others, having good manners and the ability to work collaboratively in a group or class
- The right conditions to promote an ever increasing understanding of language to enable children to become good communicators at school, at home and in the wider community
- A carefully sequenced curriculum to build on the knowledge, skills and conceptual understanding young children have developed from birth to the point at which they enter our school aged 3, 4 or 5 years
A New Curriculum for Early Years
At Broad Oak Primary School we have decided to adopt the new Early Years Curriculum (due to come into force in September 2021) one year earlier so that we can develop our understanding and teaching to benefit all children.
Although many of the ideas and principles remain the same, some areas of the curriculum have a new emphasis or may be worded in a slightly different way. We would love you to share in our journey of discovery, and will therefore be posting regular updates on Seesaw, with a weekly focus for observations of the children in Nursery and Reception.
If you have any comments, questions or ideas we would love to hear from you via the Seesaw Family app.
Download our EYFS Curriculum Statement below: